Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Too Much or Just Enough?

In addition to beginning One Dream a Month, I'm also doing a 30 day Bikram Yoga challenge, which I'm writing about at length (and with some humor and lots of humility) on my other blog, Mamazblogging. Part of me thinks that I'm crazy to be taking all this on at the same time, and I do have a tendency to pile things on to the point of implosion and I'm very aware of that as I've stepped into this project. I'm also aware that I can take much of what I'm bound to learn through the 30 day Bikram challenge and apply to my One Dream a Month project. 


In the Bikram Yoga beginner class I take at the wonderfully welcoming and low-key Bikram Colorado studio in Longmont, we do 26 postures over a 90 minute period in a 106+ degree classroom which form a fluid, logical and intensely healing system. The key to getting through the series? Working hard and being relaxed. For someone like me, that is a mind-blowing combination, but after 14 months of practicing, I'm finally beginning to get what it means to try my best and to do with a sense of ease.

As I began to hatch the notion of One Dream a Month, I knew I'd be forming the beginning of a new business venture, one that would push my knowledge and experience boundaries to areas still largely unknown, at the same time I'd be starting a very demanding month of physical training.

It's only day three of both processes, but I'm beginning to see some good synergies. The first one is that the amount of energy I have going into this business is over the top. The yoga practice helps to temper that energy and to get me breathing, as well as a way to move my body after sitting in front of a computer all day, as well as using my brain pretty much non-stop.

My One Dream a Month project is also starting to have an impact on my yoga practice in that because I'm engaging a dream into action, my mind is much less chatty, which is nothing short of a minor miracle.

Yes, it is a lot to be doing a daily and demanding yoga practice at the same time I'm launching a business. But sometimes too much is just the right amount. And in this case, it is the just the right amount.

***

I'm also one to celebrate the everyday successes that get us through our days, so I'd like to share a link to an interview I'm featured in, written by Anastasia George and published in ProgramBusiness.com, a networking publication for the insurance biz:


Social Media: Changing the Way We Live, the Way We Communicate
Featuring Lisa Trank, Owner, One Purpose PR & Communications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Dream a Day, created by Lisa Trank, welcomes your comments. Keep them kind, constructive and play nice. The ideas shared in this blog are meant to be helpful and are the sole creation of the author and I'd appreciate it if you'd give me credit if you pass them along.